There are a few situations where you might want to reassign a Contact to a different Company:
The Contact has changed companies and has a new work email.
The email address you have is a personal email address (e.g. an @gmail.com email address), but you would like to associate the Contact's relationship and activity with a certain Company.
You have created a Company Hierarchy, and want to move a Contact to a different company within that hierarchy.
Each of these situations works slightly differently within Nexl, so read on (or jump to the relevant section below) to learn how to reassign a contact for your specific use case.
Reassign a Contact by updating their work email address
The way Nexl works is all tied to email addresses and website URLs. Nexl automatically associates a Contact with a Company if that Contact's email address domain (e.g. "@nexl.io") matches the Company's website URL.
Since that association is automatic, when a Contact is using a work email address, it's not possible to update the Company a Contact is associated with using regular Contact detail fields—you need to update the Contact's email to their new email address.
1. Click on the Contact whose email address you'd like to change.
2. Click the icon with 3 dots to see more actions.
3. Select "Update email" from the dropdown menu.
4. Type in the Contact's new email address and click the SET EMAIL button.
Assign a Contact with a personal email address to a Company
Unlike Contacts created out of work email addresses, contacts with personal email addresses (like @gmail.com) are not automatically associated with a Company. Since there is no automatic Company association based on the Contact's email domain, an option called 'Re-assign Company' will be visible in the 3-dots menu on that Contact's record.
1. Click on the Contact you would like to re-assign.
2. Click the 3 dots icon to see more actions.
3. Click on Re-assign company.
4. Use the search bar to find the Company you'd like to re-assign them to.
5. Click on CHANGE COMPANY.