There are two types of lists you can create in Nexl: (1) Static Lists, and (2) Dynamic Views. In this article, we'll explain the differences between these list types, and walk you through the steps to create each one.
What's the difference between Static Lists and Dynamic Views?
Static Lists are lists you create by manually adding each Contact or Company to the list. Static Lists don't update automatically—you have to add each Contact or Company individually.
Static Lists give you a more granular level of control over the Contacts or Companies that populate your list. Static Lists are great for creating lists of event invitees, job candidates, key clients, and more!
Dynamic Views are lists you create by setting filters—the criteria that determine which Contacts or Companies you want to appear on the list. When you create a Dynamic View, new Contacts or Companies that match your criteria will automatically be added to the View.
Dynamic Views take the manual work out of creating lists of Contacts or Companies based on industry, location, job title, or any other filter available in Nexl.
There are a few Dynamic Views that Nexl automatically creates for you. Under My Companies, Nexl automatically creates Views for Clients, Referral Sources, and Prospects. These Views are based on the Company Type selected in a given Company record.
1. Clients View
2. Referral Source View
3. Prospects View
Under All Companies, you'll also find a Dynamic View called "My Companies." This View contains all the Companies for which you're listed as the Relationship Partner in the Company record.
4. My Companies
How do I create a Static List?
1. Click on the "+" sign to add a new tab.
2. Click on New List.
3. Type in the title of your list.
4. Click on CREATE NEW LIST.
5. Click on ADD CONTACT (or ADD COMPANY, if you're creating a list of Companies).
6. Use the search bar to find a Contact (or Company, if you're creating a Company list) that you'd like to add to your list.
7. Click on ADD CONTACT TO THIS LIST (or ADD COMPANY TO THIS LIST).
How do I create a Dynamic View?
1. Click the "+" sign to create a new tab.
2. Click on New View.
3. Use the TAGS, INDUSTRY, COUNTRY, or TYPE filters to set your criteria...
4. ...or click on MORE FILTERS to view additional options.
5. After adding your filter(s), click the checkmark to save your Dynamic View.
6. Type the title of your list.
7. Click on CREATE NEW TAB.
Why can't I create a Static List under firm-wide Contacts or Companies?
Static Lists are only available under My Contacts and My Companies, but will soon be available for firm-wide Contacts and Companies. To be notified when this functionality is available, head to our public roadmap and add your email address as an upvote for this feature request:
1. Click on Roadmap
2. Click on the feature you want to upvote